Sunday, March 14, 2010

While I wait.

Butternut, in profile...










http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food/quick/make-ahead-meal-recipes

Since I have some time off now, I have been quite busy. I think the nervous energy has channelled my inner Martha Stewart. I've been sewing, cooking, organizing, gardening and decoupaging...yes, decoupaging! I have several recipes that I have started making to freeze for when we come home. The link is above in case anyone wants to try a recipe. Personally, I'm excited about the Moroccan Lamb Stew. Jason also made his famous Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup (Ina Gartner's recipe). My winter clothes are all put up, summer out. Just in time too...it's a beautiful 75 and sunny here in ATX.


I am going to try to enjoy SXSW this week and see some shows. Speaking of SX...I was at Whole Foods this morning and Adrian Brody was behind me in line! He's a good looking guy, although I wouldn't have said so until seeing him in person.

Here are some pictures of the most recent projects! The top is my favorite,...a charming little bird planter I found for $20- at a thrift store. The fabric I made the pillows with is another Etsy purchase...scooters! Then, last but not least a tray that I painted and applied some fancy wrapping paper to the bottom with Mod Podge. EZ DIY!

We really anticipate hearing on our Travel Approval early this week...don't know what I will do if we don't. I might just go to China and wait it out...seriously.


0 comments: